Thursday, August 19, 2010

I leave... tomorrow?

Yep, that's right. I don't think it has settled in yet, but the day has finally arrived.

After a nice breakfast of buckwheat pancakes, my mother went on to remind me just how much she will miss me cooking for her every morning. We were both super tired, so after the stupor brought on by the food, we went back to sleep for two hours.

We woke up, had a delicious lunch of black bean soup, tortillas, and avocado, and proceeded with yet another siesta. I was supposed to get my haircut, but since I had to stop by the bank to get my debit card I forgot at the ATM the other day, I actually lost my appointment. Frustrated, I continued on with my errands - picked up my prescriptions, then went to Walmart to print some pictures of family and buy some Space Saver bags - Thanks for the suggestion, Hannah! They definitely came in handy.

We came back to have dinner, which consisted of more bean soup and avocado - I must say that all those beans have made me just a bit gassy...

We decided to go for a walk to Hurd Park after dinner, which I must say I really enjoyed. My mother enjoys anything taking place outdoors, so of course she was very happy. Then, we headed over to Middletown to have my last almond Italian ice from Vecchito's - delicious!

And now? Well, after drinking my Nighty Night tea, I will probably head to bed.

One last stop at O'Rourke's Diner tomorrow for a hearty breakfast, given how I will probably will not be eating until much later.

!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home