Monday, August 23, 2010

Days 2 & 3 - Le Trocadéro, La Tour Eiffel, et Marais

So, the Eiffel Tower. We finally got to the Trocadéro after having a delicious brunch of muesli, bread, butter, jam, and fruit. I have to say, I LOOOVE having bread, butter, and jam for breakfast - I'm gonna do this more often. Also, I've given up coffee, which has been replaced by a more pleasant beverage - tea. I was always a big fan of tea, and now I now why I loved it so much in the first place.

After a nice educational tour by the wonderful Lucille Dupuis, we decided to get some ice cream to refresh ourselves. Cassis (black currant) and cerise (cherry) sorbet - absolutely delicious! Shortly after that, it was time for our dinner reservation atop the Eiffel Tower. While everyone waited in line forever to just climb the Eiffel tower, my group and I had a delicious dinner with an spectacular view of Paris. I really can't complain. A wonderful salade verte, des légumes, et des fruits for dessert - yes, because Mme. Maison had told the restaurant in advance that I am vegan, vegétalienne, I was able to have a full vegan meal. In all honesty, however, I'll try to just enjoy my life here and just be a vegetarian. I'll probably cook vegan for myself, but when eating out, I'll try as much as possible to not be a pain.

After dinner we walked around the third floor of the Eiffel Tower, took some pictures, then headed back in the Métro (where I had a minor setback after having lost my train ticket) to the Citadines. I had walked so much yesterday, that after taking a shower, I fell right asleep.

This morning, after a delicious breakfast of a Luna bar and soymilk (Um, actually, I would have rather had some bread, butter, and jam and a cup of tea), I started off the day with my first class - Littérature Français - My instructor, an older French man, is absolutely adorable. Unlike old Americans, I have noticed, old French people are extremely agreeable. And then, my Stylistique class. Both of these classes are supposed to give us a foundation on literature and French stylistics. After class (both of which surprisingly have very little homework), Madeline, Hannah, Rachel, and I decided to run some errands. After buying our cellphones at Orange, we found some little Greek restaurant where we had falafel and baklava. Then, we headed out to buy some notebooks and agendas, as well as a grammar book, which I'm in dire need of. Then, we headed out to meet Lucille for our trip of the Marais. It is such a wonderful quarter, with great little shops and wonderful restaurants - it has the Jewish quarter, where you can find the best Falafel in Paris!

After the tour, Madeline, Hannah, and I tried to find a vegetarian-friendly restaurant. We didn't want to have Paris' best falafel, since we had it for lunch. Hannah was very hungry, so she separated and had a sandwich on her own. Madeline and I found a nice pizzeria, and had a vegetable pizza (yes, with cheese) Delicious! After, we had some delicious gelato - Cinnamon and hazelnut for me - This particular combination tasted just like ginger snaps. Of course, after not having had dairy in such a long time, all ice cream and cheese tastes absolutely heavenly for me.

We both got a little lost on our way back, walked a million miles back to the hotel (I swear, my calves are getting bigger), but we finally made our way back.

I finally found the gym at the hotel, and that's where I'll be first thing tomorrow morning.

Look at pictures on Facebook, soon to be uploaded here, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home