Saturday, September 11, 2010

MIA - I'm back!

Well, I have been MIA for about a week, no?

It was my last week of final exams, papers, and the such. I was very stressed, had NO exercise at all, ate TONS of chocolate, tons of food in general, and probably gained like a million pounds. BUT, I'm finally done.

This week has been interesting, to say the least...

- I've slept on average 5 hours a night
- I think I might be getting sick (or it might be something about the water here that's giving me a funny feeling in my throat... Regardless, I need to buy echinacea)
- Getting soaked completely and singing in the rain in the streets of Paris pretty much can't be topped by anything
- After living at Starbucks for the past three days to finish all my work, I think they probably think I'm homeless or something.
- Actually, it can - Going out after the theater, pre-gaming, and finding an AWESOME discotheque
- Today, after a slight hangover (which a little coconut water could definitely cure), the group is going out for BRUNCH, which just so happens to be my favorite meal in the entire universe... And a brunch consisting of sweet breads, baguettes & whole grain boules, an assortment of jams, juice, fruit, coffee, and the such - I think I couldn't ask for more.
- Madeline (my very good friend from Barnard from the group, we couldn't have any more things in common if we tried) and I talk in Italian so people never understand what we're saying. It's secretive, and it allows us to practice our weakening skills on the language.
-- To the group, I'm known as the girl with endless energy (must be all those shots of espresso that I've finally given in to), silly faces, and the cute haircut - Jumping around in the streets of paris in a a-line skirt, I've been told I have a slight resemblance to a little fluttering fairy - Tinkerbell, perhaps

- Paris can be described with a combination of the following words

 -- Romantic
-- Fattening
-- Adventurous
-- Educative
-- Risky
-- Indulging
-- Immense
-- Touristy
-- Chic
-- Lovely

I have to shower, slightly read over my final paper, and get ready for shopping today! Yes, finally - In my list of things to buy
-- Rose perfumer by Roger-Gallet
-- Champs-Élysées perfume by Guerlain
-- Flats - given that my other flats are smelly, completely destroyed by the rain, and are giving me blisters
-- An assortment of fashionable, reasonably priced clothes
-- Whatever else decided to catch my eye

I'm happy to be going to Aix on Monday, but I think a little part of me is definitely going to miss Paris. It was my first introduction to France and all its glamour, beauty, opportunities, and entertainment... It'll be a little said to say goodbye, but the chance to a smaller town in the south of France will definitely be welcomed.

*Pictures will soon be coming on Facebook, I promise!

I will this entry with a quote from the movie "Paris, Je t'aime" (2006)

"Sitting there, alone in a foreign country, far from my job and everyone I know, a feeling came over me. It was like remembering something I'd never known before or had always been waiting for, but I didn't know what. Maybe it was something I'd forgotten or something I've been missing all my life. All I can say is that I felt, at the same time, joy and sadness. But not too much sadness, because I felt alive. Yes, alive. That was the moment I fell in love with Paris. And I felt Paris fall in love with me." 

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

I'm glad you're [almost] done with your work. Have a safe trip to Aix tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home